Given that FANHS 2016 is being held in New York City, also known as the Fashion Capital of the World, we are hosting a fashion show to exhibit some of our emerging Filipino American designers and models. It will be a chance for them express their narrative through fashion and network with other Filipino Americans in the industry.
FASHION SHOW THEME
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE FILIPINO-AMERICAN?
- Thursday, June 23, 2016, 8:00pm doors, 8:15pm show
- John Jay College – City University of New York
First come, first seated
Standing room available
HOW WILL DESIGNERS PARTICIPATE?
- Designers will create 4-5 looks of their original interpretation of the theme, “What does it mean to be Filipino American?”
- Designers are encouraged to use eco-fashion (not mandatory)
- Designers have full control of their presentation and may use models and stylists who can best execute the designers’ vision
- Winner will have the opportunity for a one-on-one feedback session with the judges, cash award and bragging rights!!!
FANHS CHAPTERS WILL PARTICIPATE TOO!
1-2 members from different FANHS chapters will walk the runway. Each member will create a “look” interpreting the evening’s theme of “What does it mean to be Filipino-American? Designs do not need to be created from scratch. They can be fashioned through the use of one’s already existing wardrobe, or they can be a completely original design. The top three looks will get a gift card!
Iris Gil Vilacrusis (apparel)
Katrina Delantar (accessories)
Maria Velez (accessories)
Stephanie Gancayco (apparel)
Guest Designer: John Soriano
Guest Designer: Twinkle Ferraren
Also Featuring Chapter Reps from
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org